- Economics and Finance are highly attractive fields of study recommended for young people with “warm hearts and cool minds” to pursue.
- The College of Economics and Finance (CE&F) at HYU has developed a distinctive program which allows students to master simultaneously the inseparable subjects of economics and finance. The College awaits you with its endowment of faculty with superb academic credentials and impressive research records, along with its modernized student-centered facility. CE&F wants to train and challenge you, and invites you to make it your springboard towards realization of your goals and dreams.
- Specialized, systematic fusion of economics and finance education
|College Basic Compulsory||INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS, INTRODUCTORY MATHEMATICS FOR ECONOMICS, INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMIC STATISTICS, INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMETRICS|
|Major Core||MICROECONOMICS 1 : CONSUMER & FIRM BEHAVIOR, MACROECONOMICS 1 : NATIONAL INCOME & PRICE LEVEL, HISTORY OF WORLD ECONOMY, GAME THEORY & ITS APPLICATIONS, MONEY AND BANKING||FINANCE ECONOMICS 1, FINANCE ECONOMICS 2, FINANCIAL TIME SERIES MODELING AND FORECASTING|
|Core Extended||PUBLIC ECONOMICS 1 : TAXATION, LABOR ECONOMICS, ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS, ECONOMICS OF SOCIAL SECURITY
INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATION & FAIR TRADE, DISTRIBUTION, ECONOMICS OF INFORMATION AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS,
ECONOMETRICS, APPLIED ECONOMETRICS, MATHEMATICAL ECONOMICS
INTERNATIONAL TRADE & COMMERCIAL POLICY, UNDERSTANDING WORLD ECONOMY, GOVERNMENT AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
|THEORY OF INVESTMENT, DERIVATIVES & RISK MANAGEMENT, FUTURES AND OPTIONS, FINANCIAL MARKETS & FINANCIAL PRODUCTS, FINANCIAL CONSULTING, ADVANCED FINANCIAL THEORY AND PRACTICES, INTERNATIONAL FINANCE FIELDWORK 1|
- Courses and facilities are designed to promote discussion and critical thinking
- Discussion-led courses and presentation of team projects
- 5 Study rooms in the CE&F are open until the late evening hours
- Worksite-based education
- Internship course provides practical training by placing students directly to major financial institutions
- Worksite-based education leads to high employment rate
- CE&F offers prep classes for professional certification exams in finance and public administration
- Dedicated spaces for the prep classes allow students to focus
- Prep information accumulated by former members enhances the success rate, and shared goals bring synergy among the members
- The prep classes boast high passing rates in the civil servant exam, and many member are hired by prestigious financial institutions such as The Bank of Korea, Financial Supervisory Service, and Korea Development Bank.